Friday, August 04, 2006

My Sadness

I really wanted that spot for the Asean University Games.

when i was told that they will select only the champions, i let go of the hope..

cos i had broken my elbow and cannot even train for the IVP...

and now they told me that they will be selecting athletes who can commit to the training schedule..

even if i had recovered enough, i cannot commit to their training regime.. cos i have 8 core modules this coming semester... 26 Academic Units in total..

i will not be able to participate for the next AUG cos i will be held in 2008 after i graduated..

i will be stepping down next week..

after announcing my withdrawal from silat, i took a moment to reflect...

i went from number one to zero...

from pres to inactive member...

everything i love will be taken away from me...

my love for training...

my desire to represent our nation...

my desire to compete...

all in the name of education..

i really want to train with them...

but it comes with phobia.. cos i broke my elbow during training..

my leadership stint will be ending soon..

i've did what i could...

its now up to the new blood to make us rise higher...

my committee had been superb in supporting me and my ideas...

i can never thank them enough..

i wonder if the team will miss me...

we'll...

my AUG dream, within reach but un-grasp-able...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home